Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
donald

motherboard

can someone recommend a good motherboard manufacturer other than Giga-Byte for a penium 4 Motherboard.

I am looking for one with 4 SDRAM Slots, 5-6 PCI Slots and 1 AGP slot, I dont want DDR RAM ect as I have 1 GB of SDRAM and dont really want to waste it laugh

Any Help Appreciated.

That Epox mobo and a P4 2.2 will do you good. At least as good as PC-133 allows it to get.

Agreed. You really ought to save up some more and get some RDRAM or DDR and a motherboard to go with it. You're gonna be seriously castrating the performance of the P4.

i know i should get DDR but its the cost thats putting me off, and what would i do with the 1GB of SDRAM i have no use for it if the new MB doesn't support it laugh

Thanks for the advice, I will look into the Motherboards sugested.

Im selling my board and RAM to a friend that only has a mesley celery 466. Then Im going to get the Abit KR7a-133RAID.

I would sell that 1 GB SDram right now, before the price goes down again smile

Thanks guys for all the advice I ended up getting a Gigabyte GA-8IRXP with P4 1.7 and 512MB DDR RAM for £300 in a deal, plus a friend is buying the old Motherboard and CPU and RAM from me smile

Nice 1 smile it is really worth it to get DDR over SDR in the case of the p4 laugh