Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
markjs

CD reading troubles in XP.....?!?!

I have noticed this on two of three machines I have and all are running XP Pro. Anyway, what happens is after a while (I think usually after some period of the computer being idle) the CD ROMs (on one machine a fully refurbished 8x4x32 Phillips CDRW and brand new Afreey 10x32x DVD-ROM and on the other which is a Laptop its a new Matshita DVD/CDRW 4x4x24 +6Xdvd) do not read CDs that normally read just fine. It happens more on the Laptop, but has happened on the desktop as well. It requires a reboot before it will read any CD and has at times required 2 reboots, but it always comes back. Anyone have any clue? Its totally maddening!mad

Originally I installed the wnaspi32.dll that I used to have to use with Win2k but when I installed CDRWIN recentli it installed some ASPI drivers or something so just to try it, I just removed the original wnaspi32.dll that I used for 2K and I'll see if that helps resolve the issue.....building another machine at the moment so I dont have so much time to screw with it at the moment, but any more ideas anyone has are still welcome....thanks.