Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Goaks

Intelli Mouse

Can't seem to find the drivers to support the MS Intelli Mouse. When I down load the latest drivers from MS, and it went to install, I receivedc a message that I had an incorrect operating system. The mouse itself works fine except for the roller button. Where can I get a driver.

Thanks

• Like 1

I belive the download ver dosen't work I don't no for sure on that.

I saw a posting on another board that said to use

\foo\setup.exe win2000

to invoke the Intellimouse s/w . . . I'll dig out the URL later...

Thanks yuppie .... by the way how did your testing go with the new build?

This one, 2128 seems to work pretty good. I lowered the refresh rate down, and even my TNT2 card seems to work pretty good. I have tested it with Starsiege and Tribes so far. I got the voodoo2 cards installed, but after a bit the game locks up my whole system. I am using the viper 770, and a monster 3DII.

A3D sound seems to work for a while, but if there is alot of activity, such as in Starsiege, the sound get confused. There was an existing problem with the old A3D drivers like this where there was a storage leak and a lot of scratchy noises would come out, or little or no sound. This is the MX300 sound card by diamond.

I am running ULTRA2 scsi's with an adaptec 2940U2W, haven't had any problems with it yet. The tape backup software gets confused easily though. This is the backup exec software, but was taken over by VERITAS, that MS distributed with this build.

I haven't been able to get the new release of the TNT2 drivers to work properly. The file version I am using is 500.2116.0200.

I am running a dual PII400 on a helios MB, with 256 meg of memory.

[This message has been edited by Goaks (edited 03 November 1999).]

Haven't done a whole load of testing with 2151, as my company's Y2K implemenation freeze is happening, so we're trying to get our final releases out of the door.

that said, I have put the 3.53 TNT drivers on it - but you have to find the INF and PNF in WINNT\INF directory that refer to NVidia, and trash them. Then the driver installs with no probby...

Dual 300a@450 on a SuperMicro P6DBS + 384Mb

Yeep, I did that, but when I went into a game I would get a black box instead of any video. The install went ok, as I deleted those files, but it did not function properly.

Did you ever find the URL to download the drivers for the intelli mouse?

Do you have voodoo2 installed? It installed fine for me. I modified the inf file, but when I go to use glide after just a few minutes my machine locks up tighter than virgin. I am using version 2.54.