Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
maxnfta

WinNT Book disk

There are some floating around. All you will be able to do is see the contents of the drive. You won't be able to copy, delete or anything. Just see the files.

BTW, is this NT4, or Win2k?

Go to SysInternals and download NTFSDOS. Stick that on a normal floppy and when you've booted up, you run that, and then you will be able to see your NT drives and copy files from it. If you pay for the full version, then you will be able to write to the drive too.

Alternatively, you could get the linux version which is free.

NTFSDOS didn't go to Dos mode? yes i did install to the floppy disc and put the floppy disc in the begining and didn't boot me!!! Please help i just i need DOS plain disc then. Do you know where can i find that kind of thing? Please Remmber NT don't have Dos so i need the dos disc.

Window boot disk don't work with NT 4.0 .

Anyway you mean to say put the Ntfdos in the window boot disk together?

If you go to BootDisk, download the bootdisk maker for Windows 98 and then run it. This will create the bootdisk for you.

You can then copy the NTFSDOS files onto that disk too, and when you have booted up on that disk, run NTFSDOS. This will give you access to your NTFS drives.

Again i have try two time and it didn't work.

1. insert the floppy (win 98 boot disk )

2. turn on

3. Nothing happen

I just don't understand ? why would you use a WIN 98 for WIN NT 4.0?

So i have try Dos 7.0 boot disk and it didn't work too??

Anyone have a idea how can i get boot disk for WIN NT 4.0 ?

You want to get into DOS. You can use any DOS disk thats bootable. NT doesn't have DOS, i.e. no such thing as an "NT Boot Disk". If the disk isn't booting then you should check in your BIOS and make sure that the boot sequence checks the floppy before your hard disk.

Did you go into the BIOS and set the system to boot off of the floppy disk? If "nothing happens" right now even with the Win98 boot floppy, then I doubt your system is even trying to boot from the disk (or it's a bad disk/disk drive).

sorry i'm a newbies

hmmmmm go to the bios system???//

i don't know that??

i use Dell is it like

click

"ctrl"+"Alt"+"Enter"????

If i'm in there what do i have to change???

are there any thing that say about floppy disk?

Umm, usually it's the delete key, and you look for the "Boot" option and make sure that your floppy is selected to be first in the boot order.

Sigh i have try and try and try and it didn't work?

Do anyone have a DEll GXA something like that with WINdOW NT 4.0 Workstation? that they know how to get in dos mode?