Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DremNeonBlack

Please help with this silly XP problem

Recently, out of the blue, this problem occured.

(LINKS don't seem to work by clicking, please cut and paste into the address field)

hem.passagen.se/nicomaster/temp/error.JPG

In this menu, when I left-click "User Accounts", I get this error:

hem.passagen.se/nicomaster/temp/error2.JPG

Does anyone know which program opens it? It's a silly problem but I still want it sorted.

Thanks for any help

Do you receive this error when you access the User Accounts through the Control Panel? If so, you can either run a repair by booting from the XP CD or extract it from the .CAB file on the CD.

Quote:

Do you receive this error when you access the User Accounts through the Control Panel? If so, you can either run a repair by booting from the XP CD or extract it from the .CAB file on the CD.

No, the User Acccounts shortcut in the Control Panel works fine. There is no problem with the program itself. Somehow the link from the menu (from where it doesn't work) have disappeared. If I knew which program actually opens the "nursmgr.cpl" file I could browse my way to that program and fix the shortcut.

nursmgr.cpl is the User Manager Control Panel file - there is no application that opens it, it's part of Explorer!

If you can open it from the control panel, there's no (logical) reason why you couldn't open it by clicking the link.

Rgds

AndyF

Quote:

nursmgr.cpl is the User Manager Control Panel file - there is no application that opens it, it's part of Explorer!

If you can open it from the control panel, there's no (logical) reason why you couldn't open it by clicking the link.

Rgds
AndyF

That's what puts a big questionmark above my head frown It's a really weird problem.