Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PinkPanther

Looking for MP3 Software

Hello all,

I need suggestions on MP3 software please. I am looking for something that can play and make MP3s but my absolute main requirement is that the program NOT use any skins. I am looking for software that uses a standard Windows interface. Does anyone know of any good ones?

Thanks

Personally, I would recommend SoundForge for your needs. It may be a little more than what you're looking for...

But you can play and edit mp3 files. You can rip from CD to mp3. You can convert all sorts of file types. And it's all standard Windows interface.

Again, it may be a little more than what you expect. But give their free trial a try.

http://www.soundforge.com , I believe

Oh Ya, I forgot that I use lame encoder. It works so seemless with Audiograbber I tend to forget it's there.

another vote for audiograbber with lame encoder. The best without a doubt.

regarding a player without skins, I too hate skins because they slow down the system. I stay away from any program that forces you to have a skin EXCEPT winamp. I believe Winamp is a damn fine piece of software and the skin system appears to implemented so well that it causes no performance hit.

If it's not performance but more colour scheme that concerns you, there are skins available that look like the standard windows.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Currently, I am trying to decide between Cdex and Audiograbber, mostly Cdex is in competition because it is free smile

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Well I've looked into it further, and each release of cdex comes with the latest LAME codec and it is selected as the default encoder. go for it!

I agree with insaNity, CDex rocks. I've been using it for a long time and it's great, never had any problems with it.

/Toby