Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Silent-IQ

crackling sound with audigy and xp?

Hmm, i think this is a old problem but here i go again anywhay...

When i play mp3 i get this very disturbing crackling sound all the time, all my mp3's sound like old LP records. I got the newest driver updates. anyone know a solution to this?

/Silent

hmm, i use winamp.. what else.?! smile

i'll try with the hardware acc.. thx for your help guys..

/Silent

Well here is a little of advice when i use winamp i can't use the EQ

it cause crackles and pops in my speakers too try that also

Are you using an external amp? You should never pass the 75-80% max 85% master system volume (or winamp volume), use the external (speakers) volume to pump the sound.

hmmm...i tryed with hardware acc and it didnt do the trick...

i tryed with the volume settigs too...80% on my audigy and 80 in winamp...still crackels...you cant hear it that much when the music i loud but where there is silence you here that anoying crakling, just like old LP records...heh..

I use a Microstar 649 PRO-R Dual P3 motherboard with 2x 1Ghz P3 processors and 1Gb RAM...and then there is a audigy platinum sound card.

strange...i havent had that problem with my old live 1024..i think this came up when i installed the audigy card...

/Silent

Did you turnn the eq off ,thats all i want to know cause i can't listen to mp3's with it on cause my speakers crackle:D

yeah i did, it doesnt help...

it has something to do with the audigy card and my DTT2500 digital surround system from creative, coz i noticed that if i listen over the headphones connected on the front panel of my audigy card that there are no crakling sound anymore....

but your eq problem, did you try with different setting?, coz sometimes there just to much middle and bass so the speakers cant take it...

/Silent

Try to switch between winamp's output plugins(DirectSound/WaveOut)

this may help!