Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kingtrey

Mouse Lag in XP

well i'm glad to know that i'm not insane and i'm not the only one who notices that the mouse movement in WinXP is COMPLETELY PHUCKED UP compared to Win98 & Win2k. i've noticed some people posting stuff that they claim will fix the problem, but it never says if anything actually works. is there a surefire way to get the mouse movement back to the way it was in win2k or win98 or are we just screwed?

What kind of mouse are you using? USB? P/S2? What brand? The biggest complaint I've seen has been with the Logitech iFeel Mouse.

i'm using the original Microsoft Intellimouse w/Intellieye ... its USB ... i don't know if it would make a difference to plug it into the USB=>PS2 converter ...

Logitech iFeel USB sucks a$$. I have one and I don't know for sure if it's the mouse model or the USB interface that acts weird.

Kingtrey, depending on your motherboard, plugging your Intellimouse into the p/s2 port may speed it up. Also, check to see if your BIOS supports handling the USB mouse itself. If so, turn this feature on. This solved a lot of mouse problems on an ABIT motherboard I was configuring.

ok, i'll have to try those things, i have an Abit motherboard so maybe it'll help me too! i'm looking for an option relating to USB Mouse Support in the bios? i'll let you know what i find, thanks!