Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Windows95

ATI TV Wonder (new problem)

Since ATI hasn't released any drivers for Windows XP, I've been using their old 7.1 set released for Win2k back in July. I've had to use the trick of changing color depth or bringing up a menu to get a non-garbled screen image, but otherwise the drivers seem to be alright for basic use.

Anyhow, today I went and downloaded some driver updates from the Windows Update site and once again my ATI Tv Wonder (PCI) is non-functional.

Here are the driver updates I downloaded:

- Conexant Media Driver Version 5.2.9.0

- Promise Technology Scsiadapter Driver Version 2.0.0.31

I'm guessing it must be the conexant media driver that has messed everything up. The TV tuner will still load, but now it takes a very, very long time and once it does there is no audio whatsoever. Image still seems to be fine, but audio is gone. Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences?

Well I posted to ***** before really looking at the problem. It was easy enough to fix after looking through Windows device manager. Windows update recognizes ATI TV tuner as another manufacturers card (Conexant Media or some such) and replaces two ATI drivers with Conexant. You just have to reinstall the ATI drivers and everything should be back and working in the so-so way ATI had them. smile

Btw, you'll really have to force Windows XP to use the old ATI drivers. It will constantly try to install the Conexant drivers since they're certified and ATI's aren't.

Anyhow, if you have an ATI TV wonder, DON'T download the Conexant drivers like I did and save yourself a headache.