Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
miku

Visual Style doesn't apply

Hi Guys,

I can't seem to get other visual styles downloaded off the internet to work. When I apply them, they just turn the screen black and then i have to somehow revert back to the default Luna Visual Style.

They dont appear in Appearance tab, but they do show up on the Themes Tab.

On the contrary, on my other computer I am able to run those themes perfectly and the appear both in Appearance and Themes Tab.

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

ARC

I see.. So this mean when we install StyleXP and then uninstall it, it leaves some files on the computer that makest the other visual style work. I remember I installed StyleXP on this computer and didn't do that on the other one.

I think thats the reason. Let me know what files are actually left on computer..

Thanks.

ARC

here's what i think happens (at least with the old Beta3), you install StylesXP, it modifies uxtheme.dll which enables you to use unsigned skins, when you uninstall StyleXP its supposed to replace the modified dll with the original. Thats supposed to be what happens, weather or not it does, i don't know.

I copied uxtheme.dll from the computer the themes were working to this one, but still no go. Must be something else.

Any ideas?

Did you copy it in safemode? If not, windows must have replaced it with the original again.

No, what i did was.

I applied the Window Classics Mode, then logged off.

Then logged in and copied the file from the Networked Computer.

Is it necessary to copy it in safe mode?

ARC

Can't seem to delete or overwrite the file in either Safe Mode or Normal, It just says.

Access Denied: File in Use.

ARC

Thanks Guys It is done

I just replaced the backup file in system32\dllcache first

Then copied the new file. Worked!

Thanks.

ARC