Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rjakubo

NHL 2002 and Windows XP

NHL 2002 is crashing to my desktop, right in the middle of playing the game. I read at Gamespot.com that EA sports games prior to the 2002 series are incompatible. I figured NHL 2002 would be fine. EA technical support says the game wasn't tested on XP, but they haven't heard of any incompatibility problems (yadda..yadda..yadda).

I've updated the game to v1.01, but the problem persists. At first I thought there was a problem with my graphics card (GeForce3 TI 500), but I switched it with my old card that I know works and it still crashes.

I figure it's the new operating system since the game worked fine on Windows 98 before I upgraded. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

I have had this game installed on my windows xp box for along time and i have yet to see a problem, and i dont have powerfull GF3 either. My first geuss would be hard were but seeing as you have a GF3 and i bet your system is very good also i dont think that would be it anymore. What i would look into is if there are any other programs running on the background of your comptuer at the time that could "bump" you out so to speak. try making sure in the taskmanger that nothign else is running then try it to see if it still crashes. If you stil have problems then i would go with the hardware issue. Is it the original CD or a copy of the game?

Masterfinn

I've been playing this game since it has been released ...only under XP.

I found out that the speed of the game on my PC depends on version of Detonators.

Try to change the Detonators - maybe this can help you...

Do you have an Athlon system too ? Because I don't have any patches installed for my system...

Regards

D.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the reply. I do have an Athlon 1800+ chipset with 384 MB of DDR RAM and SB Audigy xgamer. I switched the GF3 card with my old ELSA Gladiac MX (GF2)with the 23.11 Detonator Driver. I don't have any background programs running when I play and I disable the Norton Antivirus.

You know...I'm not sure if the problem's fixed, but I uninstalled the detonator driver and re-installed a driver that I downloaded WITHOUT using my Download Accelerator Plus application...and I haven't crashed the last two times I played. I guess maybe DAP screwed up the driver's code? Like I said, I don't know yet if the problem's fixed.

Does anyone know if XP's system restore monitoring app causes a problem with games? Does it kick on in the background every so often?