Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rjakubo

System Recovered from Serious Error

Every time I reboot my computer, windows XP gives me a message that says that my "system has just recovered from a serious error". It does this whether or not my system crashes. below is the code that the error contains. What's causing this?

BCCode : 50 BCP1 : E8500688 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 804ED147

BCP4 : 00000002 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 768_1

i'm glad to know i'm not the only one. its funny though, with previous installations i never had this problem. i think it may have started once i installed StyleXP.

I think mine started to do this after it crashed a couple of times....

or it could have been after switching graphics cards.

When they say not to download drivers using Download Accelerator programs they weren't kidding, it screwed up the driver.

I too get this problem. Though sometimes it does crash. The strange thing is it doesn't chras with an error or just hangs, with me it just resets the computer. When it restarts I can hear the harddrive turning on again as it would if you pressed the power button to turn on the computer.

My system did get a new mobo because the last one blew it self up in a shortcircuit (could it be it did damage something other then the mobo itself?). However I did reinstall windows XP again.

Has anyone got any comments on this?