Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
emagowan

was there a Samsung memory patch a few days ago?

Is there some sort of patch for samsung ddr ram with via chipsets?

I thought I saw a patch somewhere for samsung ddr ram.

I opened my case and saw I have samsung ram, but now can't find the patch?

am I crazy or is there really a patch?

I'd assume that if something like that were true, people would've heard of it by now. I'd kinda hope not as I'm running a couple 256 DDR sticks in my system.

I would think Samsung would have a recall rather than a patch put out...

Lol @ Brian...dude if you find such a patch, please let me know. I'm running 2x256 MB Samsung DDR myself smile

Do yours take it well at CAS 2? Mine aren't too stable, so I leave it @ CAS 2.5

Hi Palos!

I am running one 256MB Samsung module too.

No issues on KG7 @155 MHz with SoftMenu III settings:

155FSB , FAST , CAS 2 , Voltage default

Rock solid

Regards

D.

I've got it at CAS 2, no probs. I do know that one stick is DDR 333, which would explain alot. I cannot get the timing to run at 1T instead of 2T, though that could be related to my motherboard instead. All I know is that they can run PC266 no problem and then some @ CAS 2. I'm happy.

Hmm, so it's doable.

I've got an EpoX 8KHA, a good board, but I seem to have to stability problems at 1T as well. As far as the DDR chips go, the RAM chips themselves are Samsung, but I'm not sure if the RAM PCB is Samsung as well....I bought them listed as "Major 3rd" RAM.

I use now the "normal" memory timings, and it's very stable. The only lock-ups I experience nowadays (XP Home OEM) are graphics related, desktop freeezes (but not every time) when I exit an OpenGL game...GF2MX-400 with Dets 21.81.

Same here with the Samsung chips. I did check under their site and there are some PC2100 chips that are only rated for CAS2.5.

it was a bios update for the a7v266-e. 1005 corrected some issues with samsung ram detection.