Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jams

Refresh rates in win2k with 3.52-3.55 Tnt drivers!

Does anyone get the right refresh rates when playing games in win2k with the tnt drivers, I try to run unreal tournament in 1024*768 @ 85 Hz, but it seems to get a lower refresh rate when playing unreal (Directx & Opengl) and Quake (Opengl)like its 60 hz or something

With the 3.36 drivers i could adjust the refresh rates with powerstrip, at least in half-life. But since upgrading to 3.55 it doesnt work anymore!!!

Please help if you can

I had the same problem with my normal TNT. The workaround I used is to edit the nv4.inf file in the TNT(2) driver download. It includes all the possible refresh rates for all nvidia cards at all resolutions and color depths. In the .inf, find the section with your card, then the line with the resolution and color depth you wish to use with quake. Edit out the refresh rates you don't wish to be able to use, replacing them with spaces. (Examples of how it should look are scattered around the file, such as a couple places where 60Hz isn't supported and the next highest is 70Hz.) Good luck getting it to work!

--Spectre

I found a tab in Dxdiag that allows you to set refresh rates for D3D games, apparently it works because UT seemed to work fine except for some visual glitches which were already there.