Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
emthompson

Shuting down while users are still logged on.

Any one know how to make XP quit saying that message that people are logged on when you shut down from the login screen, or when people are really logged on?

Well... The obvious one would be to make sure everyone has logged off before you shutdown.

If you're the only one logged in and you "Switch User" to the login screen, and then shutdown; you'll get the message as well.

If you're the only one logged in and you're shutting down from within your login (your Desktop) and you still get the message; then your XP is confused. Don't know what you can do about that (except maybe, kill all accounts but your own...).

ok! real big problem, im Running WIndows XP Pro on my system and my system is constantly freezing. Sometimes the system will unfreeze after 30-60secs or it will just lock completely. Iv loading bios setup defaults still the same and tried windows XP Home and that does this too. Iv tried moving my RAM around and still the same.

Any ideas, i am running an FTP Server so i need this sorted asap.

Thanx

AMD1.2 Athlon Thunderbird

Gigabyte 71XE4 Motherboard

512MB Hyundai PC133 RAM

NETGEAR FA311 NIC Card - Cable connection

Nvidia GeForce 2MX 200

40GB Seagate HDD 5400RPM

40x Compaq CDRom

16x/10x/30x Liteon CDWriter

Creative Soundblaster 128PCI

Hauppage WinTV Card with Radio

--------------------------------

Windows XP Coroporate Platinum Edtion

Windows XP Plus Pack

Well from just looking at your hardware I cant see any thing that would cause it to act the way it is. Since you need the computer up ASAP I would just go ahead and do a "FRESH" instal. Dump everything related to windows. It doesnt sound like it but doing this will save you a bunch of time.