Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iks

Best ICS proggy...

Hello there!

I need a good Internet Connection Sharing program because I need something more configurable than ICS built in Windows XP.

So please tell me what's good and worth of buying...

I don't like Sygate, because I need to restart server form a time to time because it somehow stops sharing internet connection (after some days...)

And as far as I know, WinRoute won't work in WindowsXP...

Any ideas what shuld I use?

-Andrej

WinRoute will work in XP as soon as the new version is out. As to when that is im not sure, i just know that they said they were working on getting one out.

Weird. I've been using sygate approx a year now and i never had any probs with it. In fact, sygate is the only solution that works fine here. I tried winroute back in the win2k days but it lost my connection after a few days, i had to reinstall it to be able to share again. Winproxy worked for a few days but then wouldn't load anymore => reinstall needed. Wingate was crap, never worked here.

You might wanna try comsocks. I liked that one, it was the first to work in xp (not officially, but it worked damn fine). You can get it at www.linkbyte.com. The only problem i encountered with it was https websites, they wouldn't load, but that may be fixed now, i don't know.

Thanks rgodart... I will try comsocks... Does anyone know when WinRoute will be available for XP?

Thanks,