Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jbtjbt

Madden 2001 won't work on Windows XP home ed

confused

I recently purchased a new computer with windows xp home edititon. 1.7 gig P4, 512 mb ram, nvidia tnt2 video card, intel 82801 sound card (by third party manufacturer), and microsoft sidewinder joystick and game pad. Before purchasing I checked the microsoft catalogue to be sure my games would work. Everything works but EA Sports Madden 2001! EA suggested this site (as usual they blame it on Microsoft and Microsoft blames it on them!) Anybody know some type of workaround on this?

Thanks for any help,

jbtjbt

What's the problem. I have managed to get Maddden 2001 working under Windows 2000 (after a lot of effort), so I might be able to help you with it.

Regards

Andrew

If you run XP home, right click on the madden.exe file, select proprties, and click on the compatibility tab. Here you can select to make the game think its running under another OS. Just select Win98 and everything should be fine.

Did EA support seriously tell you to come to this site? If so thats amazing smile

That's cool that you got your games going. Nothing worse than not being able to play your games.