Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ConQueso

joystick issue

Got Mig Alley working in Win2000, with a hitch.

It detects my Logitech Wingman Force 3D, in the control screen, where it's bound to flight, rudder, and throttle control. It doesn't allow me to disable it (if that means anything, I don't know).

Problem is, the joystick has no effect when flying. After running the profiler, I bound the trigger to the fire keyboard command, and now it can fire, but of course that's it. I'm not going to bind the axis commands to the keyboard equivalents.

The joystick works fine in other games (Tachyon, XvT, XW Alliance...) Just not this one.

I've tried the latest game patch.

Using QFixApp, I've emulated joystick in various layers.

I tried reinstalling MA without the latest game patch.

I even plugged the JS into the other USB port.

I've tried hitting 'J', ALT+J, CTRL+J to possibly enable it in flight mode.

After looking in the manual, I found no indication of a keyboard toggle for joystick control.

When I check control settings mid-flight, the JS is still enabled and bound to flight controls.

Should I change the JS port ID? It's at 1, the recommended setting.

Nothing works. I just don't get why. Anyone have any Ideas?

Try plugging the Force into the serial port and not USB.

Good luck, I never got past an 84% installation before it bombed.

Unfortunately, that's not an option, but thanks for the feedback.

The Wingman Force 3D is USB only.

I tried reinstalling the joystick drivers (even though they were current), and that didn't work.

Anyone got any ideas?

Never mind, my Force 3D (UK) has both serial and usb ports, but at least you have got the game running. You could always try IL 2 Sturmovik, it knocks the socks off everything else and works without a hitch.

good luck.

Thanks for the input, Wolf and Splat.

Unfortunately, getting the game running doesn't mean much without a joystick to fly it with. Also, IL-2 isn't much an option either, as it would run like a slug on my other system, and my main interest in this type of game lies in the multiplayer aspect. (that, and MA only cost me $10 _with_ EE:AH--which allows the joystick, but has an incredibly slow framerate for some reason)

Looks like I'll be sticking with Jane's WWII Fighters sim for multiplayer.