Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LanFeaR

CloneCD Usage anyone

Hey ppl,

I'm having a bit of trouble getting CloneCD to work properly on my System.

I'm using a Cheapo LG-DVD Drive, Can't remember the Model and a Samsung SW204 CD-Burner.

Where's the deal....

In Win-XP, CloneCD will not recognise a blank CD unless Roxio EASY CD Creator version 5 (+XP Patch, which is the only version that works) is installed. So when I try and burn using CloneCD (While Roxio IS installed) it burns a CD but is unreadble by both drives.

I get the Same thing happen in Win-ME (This time using Adaptec Direct-CD version 2.5).

Can anyone shed light on the best setup (From a clean OS Install point of view) for using CloneCD on either OS....ie....what should be installed and in what order etc etc.....

Cheers ppl

1. No DirectCD EVER.

2. Verify that your drives are supported by CloneCD

3. Only ever use CloneCD for reading CD's/Writing. Don't read from your DVD to your CDR.

4. Use Nero instead of EZCD. EZCD is even flakier under XP than in previous OS's.

5. Buy a Plextor CDR.

6. Update to latest very of clonecd

7. Update to latest ver of EZCD 5.0.2d or something. And the XP update.

D-Freak, u da man wink

Just one little thing,

"No Direct-CD EVER".....if I have it installed, lets just say ver2.5 on Win-ME, can I remove it and re-install CloneCD....OR...."EVER" means it should NEVER have been installed and if I want CloneCD to work I'd need a clean OS install?

Are all Plextors Burn-Proof?

Cheers m8