Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PinkPanther

Linksys Wireless Probelms

Hello everyone, here is my situation ...

I am using a Linksys Access Point attached to a Win2K machine and 2 Linksys wireless PC cards on 2 WinXP laptops. My problem is that the connection between the laptops and the Access Point keeps dropping. Everything will work fine for hours, and suddenly it will stop. The only thing that I can do to make the connection resume is to change the channel on the Access Point.

This does not seem normal to me. I have already downloaded and installed the latest drivers and firmware updates from Linksys. Has anyone experienced this type of problem? Or does anyone have any idea as to what can be causing this?

I don't know whaty other type of information to include with this post, so if anyone has any questions, I will try to answer them here asap.

Thanks

If you have a 2.4 GHz phone, or someone near you does, this will conflict with the wireless network.

Other than that I don't know.

almost all linksys stuff that is not a network card has had problems like this. Their routers and hubs have problems with sustained uptime. They will work for a while then crap out and work again.

Linksys = pile of sh1t

the only wireless setup that i would buy is the cisco one. I Have used that at work alot and it is badass. I think it is like $900 bux for the cisco staion and 3 cards, so that is probably why you have the linksys one. Linksys sucks, have always sucked, and will probably continue to suck. 2nd rate hardware = 2nd rate performance/stability, like look a via for instance.

you get what you pay for

sorry to lay that on you bro just my opinion

Well, following that point of view, my dad uses SMC stuff for his wireless network and he hasn't had any problems there, so you might consider SMC as a cheaper alternative to Cisco (which I agree is probably the best).

Thanks for the replies - Unfortunately, cost is a very large factor at the moment, so I am stuck with the Linksys equipment for the time being.

Thanks again

Well, this is under warranty, so I would consider calling LinkSys and get a new access point and/or card sent to you to see if that works. Or perhaps they can address the issue. Yes, yes, I know it sucks waiting on hold, but sometimes it actually solves the problem.

/L.A