Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ejsmith

Taskbar woes

Well, I got used to Win2k's taskbar. If you have 50 windows open, it just crams every single one of them into the space you have allocated. Now, Winxp throws in the little 'up/down' arrow. Will someone tell me how to get rid of the arrows, and go back to the Nt5.0 taskbar?

And, no. I do not like the 'group similiar taskbar buttons' option, although it helps a tiny bit...

Gracias.

Here's what ya do. Move your mouse over the top edge of the taskbar until you get the Up-Down arrows as an icon. Left click and drag up until your start bar snaps to the next position. Then, move your quicklaunch all the way to one side and it should re-align so it takes up both rows partially. If you use the Address field on your taskbar, you may want to make it three tall instead of two, as that wants to take a whole row most of the time. You're left with two full rows minus the quicklaunch for your task buttons. Sorry if this is patronizing, but some people don't realize you can do this. Note that repositioning the items in your taskbar may take some fudging around. And you'll have to unlock the taskbar to do this.

/L.A