Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rabbit-zek

Problems with CD-ROM

I'm haeing problems with my cd-rom TEAC 40X 540E...

and a LITE ON RW 1610s ...

the reason is that when ever i put in a (ANY) cd in the Teac cd-rom it won't work just won't even start ... but it works perfectly fine in Win 98 and in CDR-RW...!

Yup, i'm having exactly the same problem.

What burning software are you using?

I suspect this could be a conflict with native XP burning and your burning software, but thats just a wild guess.

Any answers out there?

Cheers

Try Windows Update first then activate DMA rather than PIO mode through Ide Controllers in Device Manager and finally try to reverse the Master-Slave CD to CD-RW arrangement.

im sad to say i have the identical problem, this problem is very ocasional tho. I have a lite-on 1610B and I have a 40x Compaq CDDrive connected on the same IDE and my compaq stops responding occasionally when i put a cd in it, all it does is nothing what so ever. dead as a door nail but if i restart the computer everything works wonders, i have tried every update on the Windows Update and its still the same. Maybe a bug in the Lite-on drives frown but anyway i suppose il have to live with it!

Hi

This is getting absolutely maddening!

My Promise ATA100 TX2 controller arrived this morning. I immediately set it up and switched both ATA100 hard disks in my system on to it. No probs.

Now, both CD and CD-RW drives are running off their own IDE ports, set as CD: Primary master, and CD-RW: Secondary master. I can read a CD in the CD-ROM immediately after bootup, such as installing a program or running a game. But, immediately after that action, stick another disc in, and it won't recognise it!

I didn't "upgrade" to XP so I would have to repeatedly reboot the system to read CDs!

Thank god Wolfenstein runs off the hard drive!

Any input here folks? My housemates are beginning to complain about my temper tantrums! How about switching the master settings of the CD drives?

Cheers (In anticipation)

OK I Finaly Have it It's nt perfect but it will do after 3 hours of shiting i finaly got it when you put a cd-rom in just go in to explorer an right click the cd icon and click on properties that works with me .... Like I said It's not perfect but it works!

Just thank me If it works!!!!!

Rabbit-zek

Hmmmmmm

Well, i've cracked my particular problem (with the CD that is!) and downloaded the latest XP compat version of Nero. Now everything is running sweetly.

Curious that, why would something like that affect the CD-ROM?

Anyway...

Cheers

The reason would be that ECDC 5, Nero and Clone CD all write either Upperfilter and Lowerfilter StringValues in Registry which may cause interference with the built-in Windows XP CD-Rom drivers.