Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dolce

Matrox G400 - OpenGL - Win2k RC2 2128

Hi,

Just recently installed Win2k / 2128, No problems with the install, all hardware went ok, except for the matrox display drivers but that seems to work now though even the nt drivers did work also.. I've been trying to get the OpenGl for the G400 running. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get OpenGL running on this thing? BTW, Tried using the beta g400icd.dll in Win 2k but doesnt work.

Regards,

------------------

.\\att

Do you have a G400 DUAL HEAD. Do the matrox beta win2k g400 drivers support the dual head feature? Thats the only question stoping me from getting one right now =)

-Clayboy

Yes the matrax G400 DualHead works with the new beta 4.90... i have a dual head... but my only concern is the opengl so i can play games in win2k...

[This message has been edited by dolce (edited 21 October 1999).]

Well, I'm taking the plunge and picking up and g400 MAX DH next week sometime. I would also like to know what options I have for gaming. Is OpenGL possible , how? What about directX , will I have better luck getting it to work than my V3 3000? =( Please dont let me buy a $200+ video card and not be able to play games! =)

-Clayboy

Don't expect to get worthwhile drivers out of Matrox for at least another two months.

The current drivers have no D3D and no OpenGL.

Don't waste your money.

Exactly.... if you have a vodoo 3.. then keep it for the meanwhile.. althought the matrox g400 DH is an awesome card and does excellent in 32-bit... then again the vodoo is an extremely fast card.... Unless you are in to graghic design , keep your old card... there are lots of drivers out for the vodooo.. they always have excellent drivers... and as for matrox... who knows when the software department stops dogin around and start keeping up to the rest...

Dolce and YuppieScum , thanks to both your comments and information. Looks like i will be holding off on my purchase for about a month or until Matrox releases some decent drivers. I wish the manufacturors would keep thier customers and *potential customers* better updated as to the status of thier drivers and hardware versions and capabilities. Oh well I guess thats asking too much sometimes wink.gif

-Clayboy

I don't know about dolce, but I work for the largest financial institution in the world, and as a W2k beta test site we're unable to get any co-operation out of Matrox regarding drivers for the G400, even though we have an installed base of "many thousand" Millenium2s and G200s.

I have returned my eval G400 DH board, with a "don't bother" recommendation, simply because of the appaling driver situation.