Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hellafax

Unable to View SSL or HTTPS w/IE6

Hey all,

I've buggered my brain for about two weeks now, trying to figure out why I can't get into any secure web pages. What ends up happening if I try, is I get the standard DNS Error/Page Cannot be displayed error. I've checked my cookies settings, security settings et al. within explorer and it hasn't helped @ all. Anyone have a clue?

BTW -- Problem didn't "start" as far as I know at any particular time -- I've only just tried to get access to some secure pages (ie. My banks secure site, Passport etc etc).

Thanks for any help peeps.

Are you behind a firewall? SSL runs on port 443, so you need to make sure that it's not being blocked.

Not behind a firewall afaik. I'm using Dial-Up Sprint Canada, and I've even turned off the built in XP Firewall...

One other thing to note, not sure if its an issue, is that I'm running Tweak XP...

Cheers....

Simple...just open a run line and type in "Regsvr32.exe rsabase.dll" and hit enter.

Good Lord -- I'm sure that would work -- If I had rsabase.dll frown

Soooo, I guess somehow that was removed -- dunno what else I'd be missing, but I'll try to restore that file from the XP cd - that'll work, right??? Any other files I should check to see if they are missing tha have to do with Security/RSA Encryption? Only one I found was within the system32\rsaenh.dll, and rsaci. something....

Anywho, thanks - lots of help :))

I just checked my XP machine...It seems I jumped the gun, because it's not there.

XP seems to call it rsaenh.dll, so type in "regsvr32 rsaenh.dll"

okie dokie kids,

I finally resolved my problem, and thanks for the responses -- I attempted to replace files from the CD, restoring with new ones -- nothing helped.....sooooo, I reinstalled (upgrade into the same directory), and it seemed to fix my problem smile

Although I can't trace my problem to any specific action, it probably occured after a botched windows update or crash.

Anywho, cheers smile