Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shovmyfist

My Music Icon Question

i accidently deleted the entire directoy of My Music (that was before i put my music in there) but now i notied that i must have deleted the desktop.ini so i lost the special My Documents Icon with the Music note. I tried copying the contents from another winxp comp to mine but there is still no icon... how can i fix this??

try making the desktop.ini file yourself.... here's the contents of mine:

Code:
[.ShellClassInfo]

InfoTip=@Shell32.dll,-12689

IconFile=%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll

IconIndex=-237

In Windows XP Professional:

Start, Run, type gpedit.msc to access Group Policy. Open User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu And Taskbar. Double-click Remove My Music Icon from Start Menu, select Setting tab and click Disabled.

In Windows XP Home:

Start, Run, type Regedit, HKCU, Software, Microsoft, Windows, CurrentVersion, Explorer, Shell Folders. Create string My Music and define its location.

i think TweakUI XP has a repair option in it for repairing special folders too.

Quote:

ya it does but didnt work!

LOL thats microshaft for ya.

I don't understand why people tolerate this in the computer industry. I mean if you look at it from a different standpoint, say the auto industry, you buy a new 2002 Supercar made by Company XYZ, now in the 1st week of driving it your car stalls 4 times, your headlights work once and a while, and your windows only go down when you don't want them too.

Now you get computer products that crash every 5 mins, to ones that run fine one day then the next they just decide to stop working confused , if your car ran like that you would take it back, now why can't we hold the computer industry to a higher standard, are we trying to say its acceptable because most people assume that writing computer software is so hard that you expect it to be buggy. I would think that designing a car is a little harder. Oh well not much we can do, i mean hell not even NASA can get a mutli-billion dollar mars lander to the right destination because they f-ed up the math.