Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greggers

60Hz Refresh Rate Fix

Hi Pufferfish,

Yes, I know there are display problems with Half-Life, and I'm sorry! I play Half-Life too, so I know how you feel.

Every time I examine the program's source, it appears less likely that I'm going to be able to fix it. I'm not using any (really) fancy methods of display changing (so NO drivers), just some generic stuff. I've tried 1,000,000 different methods to get Half-Life to work, and I still get pointer flicker or display corruptions in OpenGL modes.

It's also a real pain when testing cos I have to keep changing my monitor's display mode, which isn't exactly going to extend it's life.

Still, the program's free, it's just a gift to anyone who wants it from me. It didn't work, so no loss right?

To everyone else who's using RefreshLock and still likes it (there are some people, right???), if you play Half-Life please turn it off before playing (or turn it on when playing anything else and have it turned off on startup). Your only other alternative, for now, is to find/purchase something else that will sort the problem.

It seems a shame that the only person who posted here has a problem with it frown

Again, sorry. If I fix the problem I'll try and post it here (if no-one objects).

Greg

Yeah, it's free, and just to let you know I'm still trying to get it to work with everyone's games. I've got a few pieces of software to do at the office right now, so, expect some delay.

Until then, by all means purchase something, or use a registry fix to repair the problem if RefreshLock doesn't do it :P

Hi again,

First of all please accept my apologies for posting this message to two boards (Win 2K and Win XP), and secondly for replying to my own post. I do not mean to reply to it to promote it.

I have got RefreshLock to work with Half-Life!!! Woohoo! As of version 1.40, Half-Life functions correctly, as long as you minimize stuff like ICQ with play with the display!

Have fun with it!!!

Kindest regards,

Greg

i applaud you for taking the effort but i have already found a program for it

its ATi Refresh Fix or something or other

found it at rage3d.com

but man, congrates on the program!

Powerstrip does not require you to register it for it to work..you only have to deal with that popup screen if you don't register it. It's an excellent utility to modify a lot of things in regards to your Vid card, and a must have for me wheneve I install a new OS on a computer I plan on using for gaming.