Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cazza

WinXP Start UP

When i try to start up my pc it loads up the winXP screen but then blue screens and says something along the lines of there being a memory dump in @c:\windows\system32\config\software@ any1 got an ideas? Ive tryed reformating but it does the same thing after a couple of days!

I know its my augidys drivers causeing the error but i know dont know what to do about it frown

If some one could tell me where i could download livewire 3.0 for WinXP id be very gratefull smile

no i ment livewire NOT the drivers! Livewire on the cd u cant install because u have to install the orignal drivers for 2k along with it which i think is causeing my pc to blue screen smile

Are we talking about "Liveware"? That was the assumption I was making. Also, you can download the updated "Liveware" from the link I listed, and it includes the updated drivers. As for the blue screens when using the included Liveware CD, when I installed my Audigy in my WinXP box, I was able to use the CD without any issues. I would suspect that you might have another problem that is causing the blue screens.

Ur right i ment liveware but still,

when i install the software from the orignal CD, it installs the drivers for win2k alng with it. So i was going to try to install the newest drivers without having to install over the old drivers. If you read my orignal post ull see what my problem is with the blue screen, and i know now that it is a my augidy that is causeing the problems frown

o and if i install the default win update drivers will my rear speakers work? or am i better off with the liveware?

A. I did read the original post, and this is what it read:

Quote:
When i try to start up my pc it loads up the winXP screen but then blue screens and says something along the lines of there being a memory dump in @c:\windows\system32\config\software@ any1 got an ideas? Ive tryed reformating but it does the same thing after a couple of days!

Then, if you read your other post:

Quote:
no i ment livewire NOT the drivers! Livewire on the cd u cant install because u have to install the orignal drivers for 2k along with it which i think is causeing my pc to blue screen

You indicate that you feel it's the "original drivers for 2k" from the CD that are causing the issue, hence my response as to my being able to successfully get the Audigy to work using the original CD on a few XP installs using the Audigy (as well as many others on this board).

B. I do not know if using the drivers from the Windows Update site will enable all 4 speakers, maybe someone else would know for sure (DosFreak?).

C. What are the specs of your hardware? What kind of motherboard do you have? CPU (and is it overclocked)? There could be other problems that are causing this, and that is what I am trying to indicate.