Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
beamrider

Xp drivers for Fasttrak66?

I've got one system to work properly with XP and a FT66, didn't have to load any new drivers or anything, but another system refuses to let me install XP on it with the FT66. It gives me the standard can't find hard drive error in install, no matter what I do. Can't find any XP drivers for FT66 on Promise website. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what did you do to remedy it? Thanks........ smile

If it helps any, I couldn't get my Promise Fasttrak100 TX4 to work with XP either....Tyan Tiger MP motherboard.

Went and bought a Rocket100 Raid by MicroAurora (uses Highpoint instead of Promise) which works just fine.

Ed

I am using the drivers named "FastTrak Family Driver 2.00 Build 15" from the promise site. Haven't had any problems with them. Although I didn't install XP with the promise card.

I know the tx4 will work and probably the fasttrak 66.

I'm using the promise fasttrak100 lite version and the driver diskette I have looks to work for all the models.

I got it from the www.soyousa.com

Click support then drivers download, then scroll down till you see soyo K7v dragon+ Promise raid, click download and on next screen its got the drivers in various forms for the promise raid.

I have the K7v under winxp and its working great with raid.

Only problem was that the drivers on the cd that came with the MB were out of date. The ones on that site work fine.