Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lawson23

KR7a-RAID - AMD 1900+

I have a KR7a-RAID by ABIT and an AMD Athalon 1900. I have 2 questions first is it normal for that chip to run at about 67 degrees? Also I have a ? about the motherboard when I look at how the chip is setup in the Bios it shows AMD 1900+ but shows in (133)this says to me it is running 133 mhz Front Side Bus when should be 266 am I wrong??

Also the memory says (133) which I have 512MB of 2100DDR by Kingston. Which should also be running 266 why does the bios say this and am I losing performance from my hardware by having something setup wrong???

Seeking anyone with a KR7a-RAID motherboard!!!

Jamie

my chip is an athlon 1.3 (200FSB) and it runs at 53 idle (case closed) with no case fans (can't stand the noise)....ok, it's not the coolest athlon around...but I would be slightly worried about your 67 degrees. Add some extra cooling to the case and see if the temp drops. Also, what cooler do you use? You could buy something noisier :P to keep your chip cooler. Granted you have a 1900+ chip, but from what I have seen so far, 'normal' idle temps are around the 38-45 degrees range...

The explanation about the FSB is that it is clocked at 100MHz or 133MHz, but using a 'special' technology, data is transferred at both the rise and the fall of the signal, effectively giving a 200MHz or 266MHz FSB. (the same applies for the P4 with its 400MHz FSB).

I have no idea about how fast your 2100DDR ram should work..sorry pal.

smile

Ok I have the Cooler Master model DP5-6I31C I did see on the Athlon site that the chips max die temp is 90 degrees. But I'm worried about once I really start to crunch calculations It doesn't seem to have much room for it to rise. Also I've heard that Athlon's are excellent for overclocking but it is running super hot as it is. I'm not looking to OC but want to make sure my chip is running cool. My case temp is not a problem it runs around 35 to 40.

I kinda understood about the 133 thing but seems like it would say 266.