Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ant -|- One

OE crash

Outlook Express crashes each time I try to attach a file... No error message, no BSOD, nothing ! The install is recent 3 weeks at large, and clean. Latest driver for my video and for the SBLive card. So what the heck ? Is it the same driver problem related to the sound card as under Win2k ?

Thanx for any hint, tip or advice !

I can't attach a file (.jpg) with OE nor online with my mail provider, IE closes all windows and voila. So I guess it is not really related to OE...

Well I had a problem where it'd crash upon load, and that was down to corrupt identity settings, which I guess could be this too ?

You could try removing your accounts and reseting them up, I on the other hand as I couldn't even get into the program, had to remove them through the registry as described by a knowledge base article (you checked those for your problem ?).

--Cynan.

It might be Outlook Express or Internet Explorer... My problem seems to be ONLY related to .jpg files !! Each time I try to attach a jp(e)g file, through OE, IE (i.e.: Yahoo 30 megs briefcase), the program crashes, the simple fact to select the image for attachment...

How to understand this ? Is there an option somewhere, some basic protection against viruses ? I read somewhere that OUTLOOK has an option to prevent from opening certain types of files, could it be something like that ?

Is it due to XP itself, I can't believe it, because everything work fine on my work computer (also with XP, on a lan).

Thanks or any Hint, Help, Tip...