Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mfc

help

i'm really new with this xp and a computer illiterate so i need some help. i didnt know that xp already comes with antivirus so i installed mcaffee and got this message "NT on access scanner service encountered a problem and needed to close." this pops up everytime i turn on my pc. I also checked my error log and found out these errors ...source from McLog event, description says ..A thread in process C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\Mcshield.e xe took longer than 35000 ms to complete a request. The process will be terminated. Thread id : 1488 (Ox5do) Thread address: Ox7ffe0304 Thread message: Build Sep 8 2001 15:13:39/ 7.38 object being scanned=\Device\Harddisk volume1\WINDOW s\System32\wshtcpip.dll (@7025 (7024,7019,7019,7011,93)) can anybody explain this to me in simple language. any harm done to my pc. any answers will be very much appreciated. mfc

"McAfee VirusScan (through 5.21) Program is incompatible with Windows XP. For versions 4.5 through 5.21, download the application compatibility update from Windows Update (compatibility not verified by product manufacturer). Earlier versions must upgrade to version 6.0x ($40).1"

"XP's Gotchas -Windows XP is selling briskly, but the patch parade is already in full swing. Here's a guide to the top upgrade glitches--and their fixes":

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,68796,00.asp

Windows XP does not inlcude anti-virus software. During the beta testing InnoculateIT was included on the CD but not in the final release.