Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mike3169

Error after Eroor, I'm sick of it!!!!!!

I keep getting this error, 8 out of 10 times I reboot or Startup.

BCCode : 50 BCP1 : E279201C BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : BFB8AE66

BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

The following file was created for this error :

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini122601-01.dmp

C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

I think I'm gonna be sick!

ANYONE have any idea???

Mike

Sorry for the lack of information that I am about to give you.

There is a section in the Microsoft website that will allow you to send in your dump information....this is what your PC is doing....and they will analyse it and tell you what is causing it.

The problem is that I cannot remember how to get to it.

Hopefully someone will read this and let us both know.

Crossy frown

Hey,

I happen to be having this exact same problem on one of the machines I installed WinXP on. But I haven't been able to pinpoint its cause. I thought it may have been some of the Windows Updates that I had downloaded, at first, but I just downloaded them on this computer and this one is still working fine.

I've read about this problem on another board, and I'm sorry to say, but I really have no clue how to fix it.

It is possible to make the error messages go away, if not the problem, by turning off the error reporting service.

From what I've read on other boards (though I can't confirm or deny this as fact or just hogwosh), Microsoft is aware of this problem, and are working on a way to try and make it go away.

I guess this is just the growing pains of a new OS. I'd just ride it out until a patch comes smile

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, and I'll post what I know!

--Poxnor

I did have exactly the same thing, did!

For about a week, without fail I would get that message at boot-up.

Each time I submitted the error to MS - I felt that if they got a lot of submissions they would have to do something about it.

Then, just as sudden as it had first started they stopped.

No more error messages, nothing and the machine has been happy ever since.

I'd changed nothing, updated nothing, it just cleared itself up.

I had the same problem. I made a new user then and used that one instead or the one that gives the error. But then the problem came back (after a few weeks), so i just the disabled error reporting service.

It must be a bug in winxp as i've seen other people getting the error, friends of mine and also people on other boards.

Until Microsoft comes back with an answer:

Start, right click My Computer, Properties, Advanced tab, Start up and Recovery, click Settings, Deactivate all System failure boxes and Write debugging information.