Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iks

What happened to my Dial-up properties?

Hello!

Today I recived this error in my Dial-up properties window. Sice my restore points feature is not enabled, I really have no idea what to do. My system somehow works perfectly, so I am really not about to do a fresh install again... Please help me... And sorry for skinny interface...

dialuperr.jpg

This error is reported to all connections.

If I try to create a new one, it says:

Unable to create the specified connection. This can be caused by insufficient memory or not enought disk space. (OK)

My system:

20 GB IBM HDD@7200RPM, 1,5GB Free

512 MB RAM, ~300MB Free at average,

nVidia, Intel PentiumIII EB @800 Mhz, RW, DVD, WinTV, 3com Network, USB ISDN Modem, Scanner (XP's built-in drivers), ...

Thanks,

Go to folder C:\Windows\Inf. Find and open file sysoc.inf with a file editor. Save a copy first. Find and remove each occurence of the words "Hide" and "hide" so that a line could read like this: msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,,7

Save the modified sysoc.inf file. Go to Control Panel, Add and remove programs, Add and remove windows components button. Remove Internet components, reboot& reinstall.

Thanks, Wolf87 your suggestion is very sensible...

But somehow it won't work for me... Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I removed all words 'Hide' in my ..\WINDOWS\inf\sysoc.inf file, saved it, and I removed and reinstalled all the components that may be in common with Internet: Indexing service, Explorer, IIS, Management and Monitoring, Message Queueing, Netwoeking Services, ...

But I was unable to remove component named "WMI" (The Windows Management Instrumentation) - I unchecked the checkbox, clicked next, and finish, so it acted like the component was successfully removed, but if I went back to list of components, the checkbox appeard to be checked again... So I have no idea how to remove this component, and I think that only this components is the souce of my problems...

Please help me... smile

Start, Run, type services.msc, double click WMI Performance Adapter to access its Control Box and Start, Stop, Pause or Disable WMI.

Check that the logon account has the access rights: Start, Run, type secpol.msc, Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment and assign Service right to the account for Logon.