Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mike3169

Need for Speed 2000

Ok..I got this game running only works Compatibilty Mode 98/ME. But who cares, as long as it works?

Well, it doesn't work right for the most part for me and others I know. When running NFS, I cannot ALT-TAB to go back to the desktop. Everytime I do, NFS crashes. There is also a little frame rate problem going on too, not too noticable, but enough to make me wonder. I have 3 other friends running XP and NFS, and they have the same EXACT problem. Cannot ALT-TAB while the game is running. Every other game I have tried, I can ALT-TAB with no problems, BUT I have not had to run any other games in Compatibility mode. Maybe that is the cause????

Mike

See Sig for Specs.

oh I forgot to add, the Error Message report references the d3dim700.dll file. Part of Windows/System32

Mike

i'm running winxp pro.. i was able to run the game without using the compatiblity mode.. the games crashed on me as well while i try to alt-tab during a race, but it doesn't crash when i do a alt-tab in the game menu.. i've experience the same problem in win2k as well.. try not to alt-tab during a race, do it in the game menu after the race..

btw, for some reason, nfs5 always crashes when i race in normandie(the game was running stable on all the other tracks).. anyone know any fix for this track?

so pressing alt-tab can cause instability.

new games like max payne give you the option to turn alt-tab off or on --but recommend you leave it disabled.

the recommendation is to quit the game and go to desk top.

so if ytou are using icq to talk --don't :))