Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
image2

Hot Date

frown Just got The Sims Hot Date, installed and fired it up. Well, I get the splash sceen, it access' the CDROM and the HD, but when the splah screen goes away, it crashes out and does nothing more. I did some tests (MS compatibility tools) and found that it is accessing the registry incorrectly, and it is accessing the temp directory incorrectly. I do have the log file if someone thinks that may help. Any ideas? confused

Am using WinXP prof on an AthlonXP 1600 and a Geforce2 ti, 512MB DDR-RAM, Biostar K7VIB (VIA KT266). Help, please!

Did you install the program under the Administrator account? If so, it may be as simple as changing a Registry entry to that it point to Current User instead of Administrator.

Damn good idea, you know... I never thought of that. 8) I will try that.

I had problems with this as well. The easiest way to fix it is to download the *fixed exe file (used so you can play YOUR backup copies of Hot Date). Upon installing the fixed exe I was able to play with no problems what so ever. If you need this fixed exe email me at jmeier_meier@sasktel.net or MSN Messenger @ fear_machine@hotmail.com .

**Note: THis is not wa*rez as users are entitled to make backup copies for their own use. If you are reading this post I am assuming that you own a legitimate copy of the software.