Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

Dumbest Thing You've Done this year

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Just want to hear some of the things you've done this year to your computer that you think qualifies you to make the list.

Here's mine

After having trouble with Qwest's DSL service being turned on and hearing them say it be another day or so, I was too impatient to wait, so I tried installing Windows 2000 to see if it was the INtel Modem they sent me that has no XP drivers, after I had had been running Windows XP for the last month or so, totally screwing up the boot files where I could not get into my system under XP. Needless to say it was a format and lost a lot of important data, including Christmas lists and such.

Moved from Uni and a free T1 back to home and a 33.6k modem.

Now that's stupid!!!!

yeah I just canceled my DSL from Qwest, they take the cake on poor customer services, and me for being dumb enough to sign up with them

took my gaming computer bvack home with me to Australia and when i got there turned it on without cheching the heatsink.....bye bye cpu.

then when bringing it back hard drive went currupt......so in one trip had to buy a cpu and a hard drive

I actually forgot about this one, I was building a computer for my friend , the first one I built since going to Korea and forgot about the 220/110 voltage difference. That was one motherboard down. Then when I got the RMA back my friend did the same thing while I was busy with something else. 1 month to complete his system. Not my finest hour

Stupid things this year include..... smile

1.) Buying a via based motherboard.

2.) Getting ASII all over the carpet (and it doesnt come out frown )

3.) Breaking the Geforce 2 Ultra frown

4.) RMA-ing a mobo that wasnt broken hehe smile

And they are just the computer related ones, as you can see i am a walking disaster area.

"rock"

Try naptha or denatured alcohol on that ASII mess.

I think the dumbest thing I do occasionally is pull a card out of a slot forgetting to turn off the PSU switch to remove voltage from the motherboard. No casualties thus far.

Thanks smile ill give that a go and see if i can get it out. Havent tried much up to this point because it looks pretty well stuck to the carpet, it is silver after all.