Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Four and Twenty

NFS 5 LAN Game will not run on XP Final

I have tried this on many different systems with xp final and the mulitplayer game allways crashes with some error about not being able to draw something or render some shape. Also i have tried the original versoin and the update to version 3 i have tried compatability mode. I have tried using old drivers that i know worked with nfs5 multiplayer in the xp betas. I don't know what else to do. The single player game runs perfectly but the multiplayer will allways crash just after it finishes loading the level. sometimes it will show the level for a second and then crash. it is very strange and it very much pisses me off. I had this problem with my p!!! 500 and 440bx i have this problem on my dual p!!! 850 and on my friends dell 8100 notebook. O yeah i also tried it on a little celeron pos computer.

That really pisses me off i would like to find a workaround or something cause that i like one of my favorite games to play against my buddys.

specs of my comp are below not that i makes a diff cause it seems to be an xp issue. can anyone confirm that this is an xp issue or do i just have really bad luck or something?

This is due to deleting the gimme.dll file. Put the gimme.dll back (you might have to reinstall the game), then download this file and run it. That file has the qfixapp settings to fix the swapping problems properly.

cool man that did the trick

what is weird to me is that it worked with gimme dll in some of the betas and only worked without them in some of the betas and the multiplayer games worked fine the whole time. but the app workaround thing worked perfectly.

perhaps this thread should be added to the compatibility list for NFS5 under XP.

Glad I could help.... smile

Phillip, would you please update the compatibility list with this fix? And if you could, it would be better to host that file on NTComp's server, because I can't guarantee that it will always be on my server. It's really small (426 bytes). Let me know....

Ok, this is the part I couldn't get..where it says download this file (qfixapp)How can I get that file? "This is due to deleting the gimme.dll file. Put the gimme.dll back (you might have to reinstall the game), (then download this file) and run it. That file has the qfixapp settings to fix the swapping problems properly."

Please do not post to 5 year old threads that are someone else's problem. Post your own thread describing your problem exactly.

If you want qfixapp you'll have to download the Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit v4.0 located here (QfixApp is obsolete, this is the replacement/upgrade to it): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...;DisplayLang=en

If you don't like the Geniune Microsoft download or don't want to use IE to get a file then you can download the file here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/d...y%20Toolkit.msi

With that being said you shouldn't need the ACT since the NFS5 fix is included with Windows XP already, although even tho it is in the compatibility database doesn't mean it has the fix from the above mentioned file in the case hopefully someone knows the actual fix. I haven't played this game but you'll probably need to follow the advice about gimme.dll since I've heard that fixes NFS problems.

Thread closed