Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Zamarocy

More of an Outlook 2000 question

I guess when I updated Office 2000, and Outlook got the security patch, I can no longer view or open certain files, IE: my Father sent me an EXE file that was virus checked to be clean, but Outlook will not let me view it or open it as it is a "Type 1" security issue. How can I remove this to get back to normal?

There are admin utilities that can be passed out from an Exchange server to address it, but I don' think that would apply to you smile. Basically, there's some regkey that handles this, but I use TweakXP to take care of this for me.

www.totalidea.de

I am sure there are other utilities that will handle this as well, but that's all I can think of. Oh, and there's no conventional way to remove SP2 or the security update from Office 2K, which is why I never bother with it.

Only way to get rid of these updates is to uninstall O2K and reinstall without the patches. The only ones you need to aviod are the Outlook Security Update and SP2.

If you still have Outlook Express loaded you can import the mail and open the file in Outlook Express.