Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Manos

I/O error on CD read!

I have been using a Pioneer DVD (Slot in)for about 2 years in both W2K and now in XP. I also use a SCSI card (Adaptec AHA 2940) to which I connect a CD-RW (Yamaha 8x8x24x) (Since 6 months). This config has worked fine thru both RC1 and RC2 and with the final XP release (2600) which i currently use.

Up until now that is. My DVD doesn't wanna copy big files or multiple files to the HD. (i.e. files greater than 100MB) It starts the copy and then it gives me a error mess that says something like:

Can't proceed because of an I/O error.

The DVD is connected to Secondary IDE and is Master there (and only drive on that IDE channel). I have been suspecting the IDE controller but I can't seem to pinpoint the problem?

The other prob. is my CD-RW. It won't read anything at all. And writing is out of the question? I don't know if the two problems are related? I mean the RW is a SCSI device. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drive, checking in the SCSI bios. But with nop result. Windows claims that the Disc might be unreadable or have the wrong file system, but neither is the case of course.

I lended my drive to a friend who did not get it to work either. He said that his comp didn't fully recognise the SCSI adapter?

I have tried installing ASPI drivers for W2k (not for XP) but that didn't help.

Anyone know anything? Please help me!

MSI K7T266PRO

IBM Deskstar 75GXP 30GB

IBM Deskstar 60GXP 60GB

Athlon Thunderbird 1200

Pioneer DVD 8x

Yamaha CD-RW 8824 (SCSI)

Adaptec AHA 2490

SB Live!

Leadtec TNT2 Ultra

512MB DDRSDRAM