Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
smokinkane

DDR questions, looking for some feedback here!

I have a Shuttle AV40 and love it, although I can't seem to get a stable overclock. I have narrowed it down to the DDR that I have it's Kingmax PC2100 MicroBGA. I noticed in a .pdf document from kingmax that the memory modules I have are only capable of 133x2 at cl 2.5. That Sucks! So I have decided to go with OCZ DDR. So here is my question, should I go with PC2400 CL2, or PC2700 CL2.5. I just want the RAM to be able to with stand high bus speeds. I have a 1.7ghz P4 that I can post well over 2ghz, so you can understand why I need good RAM. Please give me some feedback, or send a link to an article.

I've heard bad things about OCZ, so be warned. Crucial RAM is good stuff. I believe Corsair has some--at least so I'm told.

What type of bad things have you heard? The Crucial Ram doesn't guarantee any better performance than I currently have, neither does the Cosair. That is the reason for the OCZ

I bought Noname DDR Ram and i am really concearned that the RAM I bought was real crap! I have 512, but i cant feel the difference fro 256 in XP frown

I have been down that road before, I have 512mg also, and even a respectable brand, but can't get the results I desire.