Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YuppieScum

DX7 Release for RC2 and TNT

Well, I just got the release version of DX7 for RC2 from the NT5 beta site.

Guess what? The combination of the TNT 3.36 drivers and DX7 on RC2 . . . STILL doesn't work properly.

When is this nightmare going to end ???

Every day I get a new driver to test, everyday I end up rebooting and rebooting.

Atleast now with some of the newer drivers, I can play for 15min before I bluescreen !!

Any suggestions about that, I'm running RC2 and a Viper 770 Ultra ??

Word around the campfire is that RC3 should see a resolution to all this - DX7-compatible TNT drivers shipping with the build.

However, we're not going to see RC3 for another four weeks or so . . .

I installed the newer 3.36, sure is a pain in the ass, as the default built-in driver keeps restoring itself automatically.

I've got the same problem as Nam Ng. The built in drivers now restore themselves all the time (namely nv4.dll). I can't test new drivers. I've tried uninstalling the drivers. How do I stop this nv4.dll from coming back all the time??

Top Tip:

Do a search in the INF directory looking for files that contain TNT or NVIDIA. Trash those that look like they're for your card.

Then reboot and re-install.

I'm curious, are you using the Device manager to upgrade your drivers? I have found this to be the only sure way to avoid the reinstall problem! Select the component to upgrade, then use the "upgrade driver" button. This should alleviate the autodetection problem....