Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Desmond

Mouse Acceleration - Help!

Hi everyone,

I'm currently using XP pro which is truly an amazing OS in many ways. However, this mouse acceleration thingy is driving me absolutely insane! It cannot be disabled it seems.

In windows itself it's possible to disabled it through "enhance pointer precision" BUT, this only works in windows, not when entering games. Somehow all games use this mouse acceleration thingy.. Any gamers here knows it's impossible to play FPS's with mouse accel enabled.

I've tried everything i can think of; changed drivers (ms own & logitechs) used different mouse softwares, changing reports/s etc etc. Please help me out here. frown

Sincerly,

Desmond - AMD 933MHz + MS Intellimouse 1.1a (ps/2 ball)

Did you try specific program button selection on first tab (buttons)?

It has come to be known that there was disagreement at Microsoft between the team working on Intellimouse Explorer software and the Windows XP programmers. That is why you cannot control the level of acceleration in Windows XP but only choose its activation and rely on sensitivity adjustment.

No known solution at the present time.

lets be honest, its desgusting that microsoft should make such a collosal cockup between departments, their ignorance has cost them my custom, and that of many others

if anyone out there can be arsed to re-code the XP mouse engine, kindly do so, but you'll have to prise my wallet from my cold dead fingers before i pay for a copy of XP