Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rgodart

win xp keeps giving "the system has recovered from a se

My computer crashed (BSOD) during the game "ghost recon", rebooted and gave me the message "the system has recovered from a serious error" (which is normal after a BSOD). But since then it keeps giving this error at every reboot, altho it didn't crash... Is this a bug??? Is there something to do about it?

A friend of mine has the same problem after his computer crashed in wolfenstein. His computer keeps giving this error, and when he closes that windows he gets another error, and sometimes even 3...

Can anyone help??? frown

Well, i did some research on the net and it seems other people have this problem as well. A guy at a Dell helpdesk keeps gettings calls about that issue.

I got around the problem by disabling the "error reporting service".

yeah, i got that as well. I realised one day that i couldn't see any other machine on the lan so i turned off and swapped out the netwrk card (a 3com 3C905B) for a spare D-Link 530TX i had lying about and when i booted back in i got that same message, and it didn't go away for at least a week. In the end i think i turned off the 'but tell me about critical errors' tickbox as well.

BTW, the D-Links are great, i use them in all my machines now.

Papercup