Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mister_man

Sound/Geforce 256 issue

I have a friend who tried to install Windows 2000 pro. But when he puts his video display at 32 bit colour, it causes the sound to crackle while lots of video activity is going on (like Windows media player vis and games). The weird thing is that at 16 bit colour all is fine.

He has a GA-7ZX giga-byte m/b which uses the KT133 chipset and he is using the onboard audio which is the CT5880. The video card is a generic Geforce 256.

Anyone have any ideas?

try getting the latest drivers, are they sharing an irq (even if you have acpi installed)? could also be interference i suppose from the vid card, would be strange but i guess its possible, well try that .. getting a new turtle beach a possibility? ..

-neural

Yeah they both share IRQ 9 using ACPI. Also tried the latest drivers but I know he is planning on buying a sound card.

you could try taking it out of acpi mode, jus go into device manager, and update the driver under the "computer" section, thats says "ACPI", when you update, go to "show all devices in this cat." or something similar, and use the "Standard PC", some have reported a lot of problems with this, but they should be using seperate irq's, then .. eh when he gets the Turtle beach, or whatever he is getting, it will probably clear this up .. good luck ..

-neural

Doesn't this sound like the VIA bug to any of you? Lol...

The KT133 is definately plagued, the Southbridge's the culprit here.

CT sounds like a Creative chipset to me...dunno, do some research and see what patches suit you best. Check www.viaarena.com as well.

well the main problem "via bug", was one that turned up in large ide transfers, thats what im aware, yes thats a creative chipset, could very well be a 4in1 issue .. but have my suspiscion that it could be what i posted before, at any rate, a turtle beach could fix this nicely i think=) .. good luck ..

-neural