Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jario

The new 23.11 NVidia drivers fixed all my infinite loop BSOD

For me, it fixed my text wiggling on the screen at 85Hz when in games. I seem to get that issue occasionally with some of the driver releases.

I thought the infitite loops IS the nv_disp.dll bsod error crash???

so does this version fix it?

Ive had it running since they came out no probs, but I'm not holding my breathe. Every time I think its fixed it gets me when I least expect it, even after a few days of running well.

The VIA BETA driver patch was designed for AMD based KT133x, KT266x, VT8662, and KLE133 VIA motherboards in WindowsXP .

George Breese comments:

"On these chipsets, it will patch register 55 in the Northbridge, which will supposedly switch off a Memory Write Queue timer. In the KT133A datasheet, register 55 is "reserved".

But - yikes! - in the KT266, the documented MWQ register is register 95, not 55. Register 55 contains unrelated DDR timing adjustments and could actually be dangerous to program.

For this reason, I do not recommend installing this driver on the KT266x chipsets until VIA examines this issue. For now, use WPCREDIT and set bits 5, 6, and 7 to zero in register 95 instead."

I install this and my XP crash if i use any graphic program. (photo shop, corel draw or Dream waver)confused

Back to 22.80 smile

My WorkStation:

TBird 1.2gb

512mb

HD Samsung 2x20gb

CDRW SCSI

Zip Drive

Asus A7v

WinXP PRO

philips 17"

Nvidia GForce 2 pro 400mhz 64mb

Sound Blaste Value 5.1

"My XP Work Very Fine"

They didn't fix anything for me, actually i have never had the infinite loop BSOD before...until I tried the 23.11s.

Tried the new VIA 4.36 4in1, RX55 patch, everything...it DIES.

I have an Epox 8KHA (KT266), Geforce 2MX-400, Tbird 1.333 GHz

Back to the 12.90s