Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jon

Creative Encore driver?

Hello all.

I have W2K RC2 and i have the encore dxr2.

Tried nt4 drivers but no luck.

Can`t get the Encore mpeg card to work neither the software dvd player.

If someone could help(can`t be the only one with this problem?).Thanks!

I'am try to talk a friend of mine in let me use but he hard a@@ about it hehe.

I've got RC 1 and the same Encore hardware. win 2k automatically detected the card and asked me if I wanted to enable DVD support. Should install itself ! Is it recognized in the device manager at all ? If not try running hardware wizard to detect it and install from there. Good Luck

The DXR2 seemed to work (though not well) under RC1, however I just installed RC2 over RC1 and now my DXR2 is not recognized! What gives here? It seems that Microsoft has removed support for the Creative Labs DXR2 mpeg decoder card on RC2. Maybe it will be back in RC3?

I'm going to try to find the drivers off the RC1 CD. I'll post an update if it works for me.

Oye, and I just bought the Matrix and now I can't watch it... shame on you Microsoft. I've gotten it to work on RC1 but now with RC2 they took it out. Come on big brains... is there a work around or can you post the drivers from RC1? -- psi

Ok, fer everyone that missed it at the index, just get the latest DXR2 drivers from Creative Labs. There are ones for 95/98, NT4 and 98se WDM. Use the Windows 98 WDM driver under NT5 and voila, it werks great, 'cept for the fact that you can't use Creative's software, but who cares sense it looks great on my TV wink Take it easy -- psi

------------------

1. Windows2000 RC1 WILL detect the DXR2 card and install it.

<P>

2. Windows2000 RC2 Build# 2128 will NOT detect the DXR2 card.

<P>

3. If you have RC2 Build# 2128, download the Windows98 WDM drivers from Creative Labs and follow the Windows98 WDM installation instructions and your DXR2 WILL work!

<P>

4. If you dont install the WDM version of the drivers your DXR2 will NOT work!

<P>

5. RC2 Build# 2128 on MY system DOES allow me to use the creative DVD software.

I've try to install last wdm drivers from creative labs, but when I reboot the os, the device don't work with the error

"Device Cannot Start (code 10))

Any help ? thx !