Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marktait

Guess what i have for you! Service Pack 3

Ok! guyz on www.wintweaks.com2.info you can find windows 2000 service pack 3 in the downloads->Windows->Windows2000 section.Have fun!

---------------------------------------

1.2Ghz AMD Athlon Thunderbird @ 1.32Ghz

Gigabyte 71XE4 M/Board

512MB PC133 Hyundai RAM

NVIDIA 64MB GeForce 2MX200 AGP

Seagate 40GB 5400Rpm ATA/100 HDD

Lite-On 16/10/40 BurnProof ReWriter

40x Compaq CDRom Drive

36x Creative CDRom Drive

Hauppage PrimioFM WinTV/Radio Card

Creative SoundBlaster 128PCI

NetGear 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet Adapter - cable connection

Blackwidow 648 USB Scanner

Epson 580 USB Printer

WindowsXP Professional Corporate Platinum Edition

WindowsXP Plus Pack!

OfficeXP Professional with FrontPage

Publisher XP

----------------------------------------

Quote:
Why do you say that, are they like an unreliable site?

Nope, I am not they are saying thay are an unreliable site as I don't honestly know.

But when it comes down to installing service packs etc, I usually wait for the 'official' one off the m$ site. I could install it if wanted as I have a good ghost image to go back to. But, I am not in any hurry to do that at the mo. It says 'FINAL' but can you trust that?

This has nothing to do with the site its hosted on, and nothing bad is meant to be aimed at the site.

Just use at your discretion

The SP3 beta program has been going on for a while, as well as separate hotfixes going around being part of SP3. Probably that is a beta version of SP3 from some MSDN leaker, but I would rather wait for the real deal from M$.

And by the way, I've seen the package before, from another source, and I can confirm it is around 110 MB in size...

I installed the 'FINAL' Sp3 last night, and I was right, it is a release-candidate version. I put my old image back on as I fancied a clearout of my installs (Good old service).

Oh yeah, the reason I did this; was because for some reason IE wasn't keeping my cookies etc, and I couldn't even login to my hotmail account (IT kept throwing me back to the login screen).

Anyways, everything is fine now, and I shall wait for the 'FINAL' SP3.

My m8 installed SP3 rc version and had to reimage his machine because photoshop kept reading his fonts 4x when he started the app after, which is a bit of a chore as he has about 1300 fonts on there.