Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

Windows 2000 style user control panel

can anyone tell me the way you get the Windows 2000 style user control panel, i don't remember the exact way to do it.

If you have "Show common tasks enabled in folders" enabled in Folder Options, then there will be a link on the left side to switch between classic view (like win2k) or the XP category view. If you have it disabled, then it will only show the classic view.

oops, sorry, now I know what you mean.... I can't find any way to change it. You can manage users through Computer Management (right-click My Computer -> Manage...), but I don't think that's what you're looking for. I will post again if I find something...

ThC 129,

I kinda know what your talking about, although I cant remember the last time I used the W2K user control panel. I always used Computer Management myself (Still do laugh )

AFAIK, theres no way to change the User CP in Control Panel.

there is a way to do it from the run command, i just forgot how. I will search through and find it

Quote:

Run this:

lusrmgr.msc

(Is that what you mean by "User Control Panel"???)

* smile

APK

P.S.=> That's Local Machine User Manager, usually part of the MMC.exe Computer Management tool, but the individual microsoft shortcut .msc snap-ons can be run independently because they are associated with MMC.exe apparently... run that from Start Button-> Run Command... apk

Well, Hell!

Waitaminnit! Thats the same as using computer management! laugh

Guess we were both right laughlaughlaugh

I think hes talking about the W2K version of XPs Control Panel > Users. W2Ks I think was different, but I cant be sure, as I never really used it.

Strange. It should bring up the User Accounts screen used on Windows 2000.

Here's the command again,

control userpasswords2

I am using Windows XP pro and I think it only works on pro

Yup, Thc129 & Alec Starr;

Run - control userpasswords2 works fine under WinXP Pro.

mister_man - thanks.