Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wilsonrand

system hangs, Nvidia geforce 2mx,

my sytem hangs a few seconds into these games: half life, diablo 2, and max payne

just put in Geforce Nvidia 2mx. Put in newest drivers from nvidia's web page. Game hangs a few seconds into game. Must reset computer to get out of it. frown

thanks, I will be able to go there tonight. maybe around 8 or 9 pm pacific time. i am not currently at my system.

R

thanks for the drivers but unfortunately that didn't work.

I did find a solution though. I rolled back to the original drivers that win xp installed when I first put in the card. They are version 5.1.2001.0 (Microsoft Windows XP Publisher). Now, all seems to work fine. I a little confused why this works but I am not complaining.:D

Good to hear that!

Is your video card sharing IRQs with any other devices besides your AGP controller (if it is)?

But with the original drivers from XP you cant use OpenGL!

Do you play D3d?

Because I have the same problem, I can play d3d games without any problems (games like civ3), but when I want to play OpenGL games like half-life my game hangs just after a couple of minutes some times seconds. The graphics stops and the sound stutter. And win XP tells me that it is my nvdisp.dll (or something like that) that has caused the error. I’m running the latest drivers 23.11.

I have an ASUS K7m mobo, with the latest AGP drivers to the amd-751 (5.22 I think). And a Geforce DDR (Annihilator pro from creative).

Change to a different driver then.

As for the hinting about IRQ's being the problem, I don't think so. I'm 99% sure that the IRQ's have nothing to do with it. There will probably be a number of devices on one IRQ, but that isn't normally a problem, except in the case of the infamous BSLive!