Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
emthompson

Comanche4 and XP Problems

I just put Comanch4 on my XP Box. It works but runs really crappy. It is choppy and really hard to play. My system is an XP 1700+ with 512 2400 ddr and a radeon 8500. Latest drivers for the radeon, latestdrivers for my via chipset, latest updates for XP pro.

Anyone else experience this problem?

I have also put it on a lesser computer with 2000 pro and it runs fine.

running it on

Windows XP

1 GB RAM

Pentium 3 450MHz

SB Live

Geforec 2 Pro

Absolutely no problems all options at max and running at 1024*768*32

Aren't you Radeon users used to having weird problems in games? That game runs perfect for me with my Geforce3 Ti200. I am amazed at all the people who hav yet to figure out that ATI's cards are bad because of poor drivers. And considering that ATI denies it's a problem, when confronted (www.hardocp.com), then your paying for a POS.

Well it is really hard to pass up a $180 card when it out performs one that is $300. And besides ATI has admited to the problem and has fixed it, they are inculding it with the next driver set, this is straight from the mouth of the horse. I was going to get a ti 200 but I couldnt see paying for that when the radeon cost the same performs batter and has open pastures ahead of it, while the geforce 3 linie of cards is nearing the end. Im in no way trying to say that the Geforce 3 line is not good, they are exelent. I just went with the 8500 because of its potential.